About Westoning Players
Westoning Players (What We Do)
We do drama. We do like our audiences to enjoy themselves! They come
from further afield than just Bedfordshire, but we are basically a village
society, rehearsing and performing in Westoning Village Hall.
We regularly link with local village organizations in order to raise funds;
recently we raised funds with Westoning Parish Church and the WI. For
year 2015/6 we supported Help for Heroes...
We've also performed interactive murder mysteries by Claire Jones (see
links on the Contact Us page) as supper theatre with the local WI, with
them preparing supper, running the bar and doing the tickets and other
If you want more
Please click on the
email link below.
WP: send me info
Please include your
name and your
...or your postal
address, if you want
to get the info by post.
Or, Come on Down!
Visit with us on a
Thursday at 9pm...
at which time we
take a coffee break
Check us out.
Westoning Players (Who We Are)
Westoning Players are a very sociable, friendly amateur dramatic group with members
from Westoning and surrounding areas of Central Bedfordshire.
The group was formed in 1975 and we perform two or three productions a year, striving
to include as many members as possible on stage and off.
Membership costs only c.79pence/week (£15pa +50p/wk)
Student & Associate (non-acting) membership is £8/year.
The same cost for several years!!! Excellent value for money!
We are fortunate to have a pool of committed, skilled and willing members, all keen to be
involved in all aspects of theatre-craft. And social events too (see photos elsewhere...)
Westoning Players run by a committee, elected from our AGM at the end/start of each
WP year. ALL WELCOME to attend... but only paid up MEMBERS may vote...
|NEXT: “Treasure Island” by RLS adapted Phil Willmott - 29/30Nov, 1/2Dec 2018
|For GDPR statement; please see foot of this page.
|Data Protection (GDPR 2018) and Your Consent
Westoning Players Community Amateur Theatre Group (hereafter WP)
will endeavour to remain compliant with GDPR 2018 and other relevant legislation.
1. Personal data will be used for the operation of the WP drama group ONLY.
2. Personal data will be held securely and will not leave the group.
3. Personal data will be used for the following purposes (this list is exemplary not exhaustive):-
• Membership admin including Social events (e.g. Annual Dinners, shed-clears, theatre trips etc.)
• Production/Event (e.g. fete)/Drama festival organisation/Production Working Parties and logistics;
• Group internal information dissemination; e.g. rehearsal schedules, event notices etc.
• Rehearsal attendance notification & group member welfare.
• Patron's information is held by the Secretary for admin/information purposes.
4. Obtaining Consent will be continuous:
• Confirmed consent to use member's data will be obtained after joining and annually at the AGM
• Confirmed consent to use member's image (photo or video) in any/all of:
WP publicity, WP website, WP Facebook page and WP twitter feed; obtained ditto. • Patron's confirmed positive data consent is obtained upon annual patronage renewal. (Not images.)
5. When a member leaves the WP group, after return of any property items - the member's Personal
Data will be removed from the records within a reasonable time. We aim for not exceeding a half year.
Publicity & recruiting matter and webpages using images are revised periodically, but we do not intend
removing images containing unnamed former players. Data of Patrons lapsing are deleted within a
reasonable time. We aim for not exceeding a half year.
6. No sensitive data is or will be held.
7. WP has a child & vulnerable adult protection officer who is an elected committee member.
8. "Customer" data - i.e. name/phone/email of persons purchasing or intereste in purchasing tickets to
WP productions is securely held. We will ask for annual reconfirmation of consent.
Anyone may request a copy of their personal data held as an "SAR" under the Act - from the Secretary.
The Westoning Players are a not-for-profit Community Amateur Theatre Group run by an
annually elected management committee. The scrutinised accounts are opened to inspection
annually at the public AGM. Policies are continually reviewed during periodic (generally
monthly) committee meetings.